However, given the marketing activities of many small businesses, you’d probably never know this.
It’s true! The mobile revolution has arrived. Unfortunately, Tulsa small business owners are still clamoring to understand this new change in consumer buying behavior. The results of a Web.com survey of 500 small-business owners stated that merely 26 percent of participants said they’ve invested time and money into ensuring their site was optimized for mobile devices. What does this mean to you? It means you’ve got a great chance to get noticed as a leader among local Tulsa businesses—and poach your competitors’ customers at the same time!
Studies show that more than half of all searches are now being done on a mobile device and you as a small business owner can take advantage of that. Even a Tulsa small business on a tight budget can win with local mobile marketing using these five mobile marketing techniques.
- Mobile Optimized Site – Make sure your website is optimized properly for different types of mobile devices. This is step numero uno. Without doing this initial step almost everything else doesn’t matter. Be sure your website is designed with mobile in mind, and is available on all platforms. According to market research from Google, 61 percent of consumers will leave a website if it’s not optimized for mobile.
- Look into Mobile Ads – Mobile ads are cheap and efficient. This may sound surprising but at the moment a lot of the inventory goes unsold each month which keeps the prices down. This makes it an excellent time for you to jump in and explore the idea of mobile advertising.
- SMS (Text Messaging) and Push Notifications – SMS messages have a number of advantages. First and foremost; they get opened. A lot. According to Frost and Sullivan, SMS messages have an astonishing 95 percent open rate! Push notifications are a terrific way to connect with your client base, too.
- Combining Mobile and Your Social Media – Nothing says social media like real-time connections with your subscriber base. This is the latest trend and the smallest of Tulsa companies can get in on the craze by combining their social media site with a mobile devices. Combine specials, events, coupons or just link a YouTube video to create buzz. Then Tweets and traffic will soon start coming your way. The next thing you know your site’s search engine ranking will begin climbing. The best part is you will be connecting with your subscriber base in a real-time way and they will provide you with valuable feedback on your products and services.
- Location Based Marketing and Passbook – Your small business needs to be found on the web. Up to now, it meant Foursquare and Yelp. While this is still true, you also have to start looking into new technology like Passbook in addition. Passbook is an excellent new app that enables its user to keep all kinds of things like boarding passes, gift cards, coupons, store cards, coupons and all varieties of mobile payments.
Using mobile marketing in your local business doesn’t need to be complex or pricey. The secret is to gather knowledge first, and add pieces along the way.