Facebook ads are among the fastest, easiest and most effective do-it-yourself platforms for obtaining traffic to your offers, building prospect lists, and for just about any other purpose imaginable for your website. Ad campaigns are incredibly easy to set up, include excellent targeting tools, and can be online within minutes. There is one factor to understand, however, in regards to getting the best results and return on investment: That is finding the most effective images available. It has been shown that imagery is 70-89 percent of the success or failure of a Facebook ad campaign. Let’s check out some useful tips for obtaining the most from your Facebook ad images.
5 Awesome Tips for Facebook Ad Images
Creating an ad that makes a real impact and statement for your product or services is a matter of standing out from the rest. Here are five ways to do just that!
- Use high quality images – Since your images will end up quite small, make sure you’re purchasing from a respectable resource. Fotolia and iStockPhoto are two of our faves. The XS size of available images will be fine, as even these are going to be cut down to the size of a postage stamp. (110×80 pixels)
- Crop your photos to produce maximum impact – Crop your photos tightly to focus on the most important aspect of your ad. Cropping faces from the eyes to mouth is the most impactful technique for riveting people images. Also, be sure that your model’s eyes have life. When using product images, get close!
- Employ eye-catching colors – Using bright, visually arresting pics will do wonders for your clickthrough rates. Too many people opt to blend in with the pervasive Facebook blue, and therefore consign their ads to a form of “banner blindness”.
- Choose attractive images – Unless you are going for a certain statement, opt for the most attractive photos you can find. People are attracted to beauty. Period. This isn’t to say that sometimes beauty can’t be trumped by cute, funny or outrageous.
- Use humor when you can – All of us love a good laugh. If you have the opportunity to inject humor into your ad, don’t miss it! This will definitely result in a higher clickthrough rate!
For some really good illustrations of these imagery principles working, check out this great article at Search Engine Watch.