LinkedIn has made great progress from the professional job posting site that got your resume posted to people who could hire you. While it still can serve that purpose in a somewhat more sleek way, LinkedIn has developed into must-do marketing resource for small business. If your SMB is not using this platform, you’re missing out.
LinkedIn helps you brand, is an outstanding place to post pillar content, and gets your name and brand face-to-face with people you’ll want to work with.
We’ve found 5 ways you’ll want to utilize LinkedIn for your small business. Here they are!
5 Tips for Small Businesses on LinkedIn
- Create a powerful profile – Even though this may seem like tired advice to those who’ve set up profiles on many sites, on LinkedIn your profile is often the deciding factor in whether or not someone connects with you, which is the whole point of being on the site. So it’s very important to use your profile for all it’s worth. There’s a lot you can add here, so spend some time to explore how best to use yours.
- Use great images – Take every opportunity to inject visual content into your LinkedIn content by using images, videos, presentation and more. People react to visual far faster and better than mere text.
- Get involved in groups – It’s a fact that those who get involved in groups on LinkedIn have about 4X more profile views than those who don’t. Moreover, it’s a prime chance to showcase your authority and knowledge in front of a highly-targeted crowd.
- Do the work of connection – The truth is you have to put out some effort to have LinkedIn work well for you. Posting terrific content, being available and helpful, and branding yourself here are going to pay great dividends.
- Try LinkedIn Company Pages – LinkedIn gives you the facility, much like Facebook, to create a dedicated company page. Make best use of this and use it as a satellite to your main site.
Every small business could use a little help, and a terrific place to find some is through LinkedIn’s small business helps. These free resources help you to grow, optimize and further make use of this platform for all it’s worth. Don’t neglect to look into this!
Click here to schedule a free marketing huddle! We’ll create a marketing plan together that’s unique to you and your business and guaranteed to be worth your time or we’ll give YOU $250!